I love cauliflower. It’s my most, favorite vegetable. I like it mashed, roasted, as a soup, as a sauce. If a restaurant menu item incorporates cauliflower, I’ll choose it every time. Have I mentioned how much I love cauliflower? So, here’s a tribute with 5 fun ways to enjoy its deliciousness:
1. Tried and true. Easy peezy. Just the vegetable in its glory. Check out this amazing recipe from Bon Appetite: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/parmesan-roasted-cauliflower
2. As a soup. This is a vegan option that is delicious. Cashews are the trick to creating the creaminess you’d enjoy from a dairy version. My vegan mom makes a to-die-for broccoli cheese soup using the same trick. Here’s a great recipe from The Blender Girl, which she claims is her most requested: http://healthyblenderrecipes.com/recipes/creamy_vegan_cauliflower_soup
3. As a sauce. This recipe is another vegan gem. Much healthier than traditional Alfredo and just as yummy. http://detoxinista.com/2013/05/creamy-cauliflower-alfredo-dairy-free-nut-free/
4. As a way to reduce the caloric intake of some of your favorite comfort foods. This is one of my all-time favorite recipes from Ellie Krieger! She replaces ½ of the usual mashed potatoes on top of Shepherd’s Pie with ½ mashed cauliflower, which is genius! Dare I say, it’s even better tasting than the traditional 100% mashed potato version!
5. To add to and compliment just about any dish. This recipe utilizes the florets as a taco filling. How gorgeous are these?! http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/roasted-cauliflower-and-chickpea-tacos/
Let me know if you give any of these recipes a try!
And if you have your own cauliflower recipe, post it in the comments here. I’d love to try it and pin it to my Pinterest board! Yummers!